Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Famous Last Words Week Twelve

For starters, I loved the reading this week. I had always heard of the Canterbury Tales but never actually read any of it. They were some great stories and I am glad I had the opportunity to read them in this class. I also am excited about the story I wrote for it. I did something new to me. Typically I write love or children related stories. This week I did a murder mystery from the perspective of a detective. I even added a little twist at the end! It was really fun for me. I felt like I was getting to be more creative with my writing then I have been in other weeks.
I have also read a lot of great stories this week. One I really enjoyed was also from the Canterbury tales. It was someone’s storybook. She did a murder mystery as well and had each character play a suspect in the murder. They each had their own background story and interview session. It was really neat and interesting to see how we can take the same concepts and do them so differently! I guess that is what makes writing unique.

This last couple weeks have been super hectic. Last week my car broke down so I was stuck in my hometown all week! Luckily I only have two on campus courses and one was already cancelled because he was at a conference. So I only missed one class and a couple shifts at work. My internship for credit ends this week so that will be a relief. Also I am trying to finish this class and my other online class by the end of next week. I have three final papers to write so I want to leave as much time devoted solely to them as possible. I also am going to a music festival next weekend. So I am bribing myself by saying if I finish my online courses I can go buy a new outfit! Hopefully I stick to that!
A picture of me and my boyfriend from Christmas just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment