Friday, January 29, 2016

Topics for Storybook

My first potential idea after browsing the topic ideas was animal stories. On one of my previous posts about my dogs you mention to me I would probably like doing an animal storybook. I have a secret obsession with elephants so while I was browsing I found a great topic on African elephants and that really spoke to me. One of the stories I skimmed while researching today taught a lesson about not being selfish and sharing (in this event it was water). I enjoy stories that teach lessons so hopefully I can incorporate something like that in my storybook.

The second idea I had was about mythology. I have always had an interest in Greek mythology, which is one of the main reasons I took this class in the first place. For our first story I read about Cupid and Psyche and I just love everything about Greek gods and goddess that story was so interesting for me. So my other topic idea would be to focus on my favorite goddess, Athena. She is such a strong woman and I love reading stories about her. I looked at her Wikipedia page and all she controls: wisdom, courage, inspiration, these are all great qualities in a strong woman and I would love to expand on them with my own stories.

A third idea I came across also came from one of your previous comments to me. For my favorite place I wrote about Kaw Lake which is where I am from. You gave me a link to a book about tribes in that area and I would love to read it! I think focusing on the Kaw and Osage nations would be best for me since that is directly where I live. I think any native tales are fun to read about and can make great subjects for my storybook.


Finally, I looked at your link for Snopes and weddings caught my eye. Naturally it would since my favorite pastime is Pinteresting wedding themes and ideas. I read through some of the subtopics for weddings and the one that stood out to me the most was wedding horror. Probably because I always have dreams about awful things happening at my wedding. Sort of like the waking up naked in public dream except instead of in public I am walking down the alter! I think doing a horror story version for my storybook would be different and so fun!

Statue of Athena from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment