Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Storybook Favorites

The first post that stood out to me was Kindergarten Shenanigans. This title caught my eye because small kids are almost always hilarious so it looked like it would be a good storybook to explore. It sounds like a collection of children getting into funny messes. After reading the introduction it seemed more serious than I originally thought but I still like the concept. Teaching kids lessons through stories is an ancient practice and using kids their own age is a neat idea. The design was cute I love how they kept the classroom feel with their layout that looked like notebook paper.
The second post that stood out to me was Stepmothers' Prison. I do not have a stepmother but historically and from my friend's experiences I know stepparents can be a struggle. This title drew me in because it seemed ironic because typically it is the children who are "in prison". After reading the introduction I was so excited to read the rest of the stories. The introduction left you wanting more and built up so much suspense it was extremely well written. The design matched the story it was dark and mysterious which I am sure that is what the author was searching for. It was a bit plain but I think that fits with the idea of a prison cell.
The final post that caught my eye was Cupid on Trial. This seemed like a strange name and I was not really sure what to expect but it was intriguing enough it made me click on it. After reading the introduction I have a better understanding of the trial and I like how he made the connection to all the court shows that are on TV nowadays. That was a really creative idea. The design also fit the background on Valentine's Day with the pinkish background. Although it did a fade into a night sky which was pretty but not as "lovey-dovey" as I would have expected.


Poseidon (The judge in the story) Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment