Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Favorite Place: Kaw Lake

Kaw Dam releasing water taken by the Corp of  Engineers
Sunset on Kaw Lake, Personal Photo taken Summer 2013
Typically any calm, warm place is where you can find me. I enjoy peaceful atmospheres with the sound of water and nature around me. Here in my landlocked state, the closest I can get to an ocean view is the lake. Kaw lake is just outside my hometown of Ponca City, I live about five miles down the road. My father owns a boat repair shop and a marina on the lake. It is where I grew up and all of my great memories of home come from this spot.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture of the sunset, Ally! Such a calm and peaceful picture in contrast to the waters rushing over the dam. Very nice! Are you interested in Native American traditions, like stories about the Kaw? There is a book online that has some of their stories: Legends of The Kaw - The Folk-Lore of the Indians of the Kansas River Valley by Carrie de Voe ... that might be a book you would have a special personal connection to!

    ReplyDelete