Friday, February 19, 2016

Thoughts about Comments

In my opinion, the comments that are the most useful for me are the ones that ask questions. When they ask questions about my stories it helps me know where I was unclear in my writing. I know I have a tendency in my writing to leave items out because I know them in my head but I forget that other's cannot read my mind. So when they ask questions I can go back through and elaborate on the sections I did not give enough information. I also love all the compliments. It makes me feel very proud of my writing and makes me want to reciprocate that positive energy to the other stories I comment on.

As for my comments, I have not been doing very great with them. I missed a week of commenting. But for the other weeks I try to really analyze the stories and comment well. I need to slow down when reading the stories sometimes so I can give the most productive comments.

1 comment:

  1. Allyson,
    Great discussion about the comments and your comment wall. You made a good point, it can be a little difficult to always remember to share every detail with your audience because there are some things that your mind associates with being an already known fact. It is good that you've caught on to this aspect so that you can keep that in mind when you write your story from here on out. I also haven't been doing my best on the comments either. Something that I need to work on is reducing my usage of passive verbs. I'm confident your stories and habits in this class will get better and better over time.(:

    ReplyDelete